Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Nightwish

I learnt of a cool newish European band recently named Nightwish. To quote their publisher:
"On first listen, Nightwish seems to fall into the same genre as Evanescence... female-fronted metal band with symphonic and gothic overtones. But any similarities end there. First of all, singer Tarja Turunen may be the only trained opera singer in metal, and her vocal prowess and range prove it. Then there's the rest of the group, led by keyboardist and primary songwriter Tuomas Holopainen. Listen closely, and you'll hear a group that's equally influenced by opera, classical music, Euro-metal..."

In summary, they're like Evanescence except so much better. The lead singer's voice isn't that squeal the Evanescence girl produces. They don't swear which is an added bonus, too. While some of the lyrics are slightly confusing, they're quite good.

I highly recommend you check out the sample of "Nemo" and follow these lyrics, coz you probably won't tell what they are...

This is me for forever
One of the lost ones
The one without a name
Without an honest heart as compass

This is me for forever
One without a name
These lines the last endeavor
To find the missing lifeline

Oh how I wish
For soothing rain
All I wish is to dream again
My loving heart
Lost in the dark
For hope I`d give my everything
Oh how I wish
For soothing rain
Oh how I wish to dream again
Once and for all
And all for once
Nemo my name forevermore...

The lyrics kinda remind me of Gollum from Lord of the Rings.

If you thought that was cool you can download an entire, legit track from the publisher's site here. If Eurpoean orchestral metal like music isn't your medicine, then you won't like this! But if you have no idea, check out the sample.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home