Thursday, March 02, 2006

Of iPods and Bike Riding

This blog entry is a warning to those of you who cycle with iPods. Please don't interact with your iPod (particularily an iPod shuffle) while bike riding. Using an iPod while riding your bicycle is like driving while using your mobile phone. It's an accident waiting to happen. Unfortunately, I was too confident in the responsiveness of my iPod shuffle (which turned out to be misplaced) and ended up having an accident.

I was riding down our street pressing the play button on my iPod to get some Muzak happening. As I was riding in the day I could not see the flash of light towards the top of my iPod shuffle. It diverted all my attention to the iPod and I didn't realise that I was riding straight into the corner of a parked van until the very last moment. I ended up with a grazed right hand, eight stitches near my elbow to sow up the gap in my arm that lost a nice chunk of skin and scratches on my chest.

So yeah moral to the story: fiddle with your iPod while you're not riding your bicycle. Take it from me :-)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*Slap*
:-P

You need to invest in a wired remote. My old Discman had one of those, it was priceless for cycling to school.

9:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home