Wednesday, April 27, 2005

iTunes Music Store Australia is coming...

Downloading legit songs through iTunes at $1.70 each, playable on your iPod (photo, regular, mini or shuffle) is coming... and should be here Thursday.

What this space. Coz when it does come out, I'll be purchasing and downloading songs that I wanted for a long time. I've had a sneak peek at the content of the store (gotta love back doors) and I'm surprised - seems reasonably decent!

Good thing my credit card came today! (Perhaps not, given that I'm saving for a trip to America...)

6 Comments:

Blogger Kiel said...

Downloading songs for free and then transferring them is illegal. Apple is offering a legal alternative.

5:30 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The things the iTunes store has going for it is super easy to use, there's a huge range, it's fast to download, you can legally burn it to CD or an MP3 player, and assuming the person has a conscience, it's guilt free.

Downloading songs for free is both unethical and illegal. A person doing this is both ripping off music, and if they're using a P2P program, giving it to others illegally. As well, they're using software that's the birthplace of spyware and a carrier of virii.

Cool. Not.

7:58 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's a link to a post about people teaching others how to download tv shows (illegally of course).

There’s a line, and it got crossed

The usual excuses like 'everyone does it' or 'we have the technology' or 'copyright is so yesterday' are all rolled out. But at least the guy with the blog has the guts to stand up to the ignorant masses without a conscience or brain.

9:40 pm  
Blogger Kiel said...

Damn bots.

5:52 pm  
Blogger Kiel said...

I don't think the advertising thingo was trying to change me into a machine.

You almost have part of the Star Trek: First Contact story down pat, Sarah :-)

2:02 pm  
Blogger Kiel said...

There could be a Trekkie in you after all... :P

8:39 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home