Thursday, June 23, 2005

We're in the grand final, baby!

We won our game of Volleyball on Thursday night which was a big surprise to me - I wasn't expecting to (hence the surprise). It does help us that the opposition was a player or 2 short so we annihilated them. Which means we're in the grand final.

Going off topic for a second, because of the grand final, freeish (we have to pay a dollar extra game fees coz the Coffs Harbour Volleyball Association is going broke lol) pizza and drinks are available next week! Woohoo!

Ok going back to the topic here, the use of the word "annihilated" was a bit of an exaggeration - the victory of the first set was pretty ordinary and in the second set they actually beat us, but in the third set, well, we got them. Crossroads Media (my team) has been playing pretty ordinary lately, I'm hoping we pull through for the grand final...

Hmmm, pizza and drinks next week for the grand final...

I had some really good hits tonight. Swift and powerful. Finally, I'm starting to spike properly! It's been years in the making (Kiel thinks back to Tuesday night training in Year 10 with Kyle), and it's finally coming through!

So the grand finals next week. We play the only team that's beaten us in the entire competition - infotek3000 (Mr Winter's team). Every time we've faced off with them we've *just* lost.

Gold shall be mine... *cough* ours ;-)

Did I mention pizza and drinks next Thursday? Woohoo!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kiel said...

Pizza and Drinks! Yuuuuuummmmmyyy!

Mr Winter lies. He likes to think that his team "kicks [our team's] butt" when in actual fact, his team has only *just* manages to beat us. They feel threatened by us so he lies to himself and others about the real threat we propose ;-)

As for my refereeing, if your team is going to do things wrong (for example, cross the line when serving, spike/block a serve) I'll pull you up for it. I love power. It just goes straight to my head.

My photos are all digital but I'm working on a solution... :-)

10:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home