Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Semester 2 Commences Next Tuesday

It's the last week of holidays and I'm forcing my mind to get back into the habit of learning things. This semester we'll study at uni:

  1. Principles of Programming

  2. Data Communications and Networks

  3. Systems Analysis and Design

  4. Contemporary Issues in Multimedia and Information Technology

I'm looking forward to all units but the last.

Principles of Programming will be fun, mostly a refresh of what I already know and do but there will be some new stuff.

Data communications and networks is all about things like EFTPOS, networking computers, etc.

Systems Analysis and Design is learning about modelling tools - how to draw relationships, association, etc between parts of a program on paper and how to use these designs to create a solution that best solves one or more problems.

The final unit will probably be about piracy and all sorts of ethical and social issues that we have studied to DEATH ALREADY! Boooring!

Disclaimer: These are simply uneducated summaries of parts of each unit - I'm not saying that is what each of the units will be entirely about, just sharing what work I'll be doing this semester.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kiel said...

Are you being sarcastic or somewhat serious? I know IT might not be a big ol' bag of joy for you, but I am curious.

I think it will be fun-ish.

By the way, the disclaimer was placed their because my Dad, who completed a similar course and reads this blog, said "x is not just about blah blah blah".

12:48 am  
Blogger Kiel said...

My original post did not contain the words "blah blah blah".

I only put blah blah blah there because Dad was going on about what I wrote... no negativity there...

...or am I missing the point?

8:08 pm  
Blogger Kiel said...

I didn't loose sleep over it *bloodshot eye twitches*

9:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home